Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Fave Coffee Joint


I guess the text says it all.  I was anticipating a really pleasant day with my sketching buddy from Seattle yesterday, and couldn't resist sketching while waiting.  It was a really inspiring day, and the weather was perfect!

 I'm loving my new sketchbook from ThePerfectSketchbook.com.  The paper is really nice for water media.  It's a little off white, to make it easier to see what you're sketching and painting when you're out urban sketching.  The sun doesn't blind you off the pages when doing street scenes, skewing the accuracy of the colors you're trying to lay down.  I'm pleased that I didn't screw up the proportions (too much) of the people, and the table perspectives aren't too bad.  I still need more work on that, but I'm really happy with the food cases and their respective goodies!  Can you just smell that fresh-roasted coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment