Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dinner At Crow



As if we hadn't celebrated Jim's birthday enough this last week, he and I drove to the Bainbridge Island Ferry Tuesday and walked on, to be picked up on the bustling Seattle waterfront by our daughter, Mickie, and her friend Mason.   That evening she bravely negotiated maddening detours and traffic snarls to bring us to Crow, her favorite restaurant.    As we waited for our fabulous meal of lambshanks on polenta, I sketched Mickie and Mason.   I know it looks like she is studying her fork for possible food particle residue or lipstick, but she was actually gesticulating with it.   As strange as it sounds, the Olive Oil Gelato was wonderful!   It was a great day.   The kind of birthday celebration that makes one feel like a young pup, not an old fart.

2 comments:

  1. I like the combination of handwriting and painting- very cool. (Dinner sounds good, too! Gelato-mmmm.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marian. I'm more and more inspired by my new book called "Artist's Journal Workshop (creating your life in words and pictures)", by Cathy Johnson. It's making me feel freer to meld the two (sketches and words) together on pages like two mediums making a single artform. She truly does weave the words around within her illustrations, though.

      Delete