Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hope



The previous posting was a close-up of this finished sculpture.   It was photographed by Neil when Hope had just been sculpted, before she was dry and ready to be fired and painted.  She was around 30 inches tall and sold at Trios Gallery in Solana Beach, California, some months later.   The eyes invaded by light gave the impression Hope was gazing into a reality I could not see.   There was a future sculpture, Oracle, that also had those eyes.   I am so grateful many of these pieces bring me a quiet message I'm not able to glean for myself.   Now it's been a year since I've been working with clay, perhaps it's time to put my hands in it again.

2 comments:

  1. Such an expressive face, that does indeed say hope. I love the detail at the hand with the word hope. Lovely Elsbeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! I so hope that Hope had such a meaning for whoever the person was who bought her and sees her every day.

      Delete