Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Watercolor Pears



I've come to accept that my style is to "evolve" painting projects a little at a time over the course of days.  I'm sure there are many of you who nod your heads enthusiastically while reading this, feeling reassured that there is someone else out there whose paintings never seem to be done, until one day the last bit snaps into place and you know it's finished.  Hopefully you'll know it's finished!  Well, this painting wasn't an example of this.  I scurried to create it a couple hours before Catherine's class, and it was done.  Well, almost.  The last piece snapped into place tonight, moments before I scanned it.   So it was done within a day, from Catherine's photo.   Cheating, I used Inktense pencils to finish off the un-crisp edges of the pears (okay, Michael, now you know the truth about my edges!).  I love tidy on my artwork, but not necessarily in the studio itself.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment