Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Distracted....

Has it really been more than a month since I've posted?  It was wonderful taking the watercolor class with Catherine Mix, as it pushed me to be working.  It was a priority.  Currently we are in a flurry (well, "flurry" is a strong word for what we are doing) of house upgrading projects.  I don't know if doing them all at once is any better than stringing them out week by week, month by month, but right now it looks as though we will never be done!  We greet handymen at the ungodly hour of 9 AM in our jammies, hair askew, tea brewing in the kitchen.  We have the majority of projects yet to come, with the house being painted inside and out (it's a lotta house to cover!), some new floors upstairs and down, though we already have the bamboo flooring done in the master bedroom... YAY!!  It's gorgeous.  My studio is in a constant state of flux, waiting for track lighting to be installed as well as a new marmoleum floor to be installed.

Funny about the painting.  The house is covered in a collage of patchwork paint ideas, with crates of sample quarts lying about.  Some of these have been applied and rejected (ugh... what were we thinking?  Babydoll pancake make-up pink?), some have been blended for new color ideas.  A few days ago, I chose two of the colors, Sherwin Williams Clary Sage and Mauve Finery, a green and a purple, and occupied myself in the hallway bathroom making stripes on the wall with them.  The Japanese Maple is leafed out by our porch, so I clipped some of the leaves, painted them with Pthalo Green from my artist's acrylic paints and printed the wall with them.  WOW.   That got my creative juices going, and I have begun embellishing with some of the Zen Tangle details I used in the posting called "Pewter Cat Dreams".  It looks great on the wall!  Oh, well, that's one room that the painter doesn't need to work on.  What if the Tangles get curious and want to travel out the door and down the hallway?  Could I keep them confined to just one room?  Poor Jim, things are getting out of control.  His wife is coloring outside the lines!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering what you have been up to. Now I know. This entry me smile. I especially liked the last two sentences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in, Joyce, good to hear from you! I love your new doll.... I've been meaning to comment on it, and hope to in the next few days. Hope you're doing well and life is good this summer!

      Delete