Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Weekend With Creative Folk


I've just come back from a delightful weekend with two of my most favorite artists... our grandchildren.  
We indulged in a number of activities that didn't include slogging through the rain.  Some of which was video games, either on the computer, iPad or TV, some of which involved clipping pieces of prints of Gustav Klimt paintings, pasting them into drawings that were so not what Gustav Klimt was visualizing originally, some of which involved eye-hand coordination, some involved tickling.  Some of  the creativity was mine (as you can see), with the strategic guidance of four-year-old Shyloh, who was masterful in her ability to select the perfect colored Inktense pencil color for my drawing.  She even deciphered the tiny color names printed on the pencils.  Her proclamation that she would someday be a "Real Artist", proudly, was the high point of my afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the warmth in this picture. And what a fun time you had with your favorite artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful drawing, Elsbeth! Grandchildren are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, regardless of the exhaustion of being with such energetic personalities I would've been more up to dealing with ten years ago, I always come away amazed at their intelligence, creativity, inventiveness, and abundant charm. I am in awe of them!

    ReplyDelete