Friday, January 9, 2015

Pensive Pepper


I've been experimenting again with my favorite paper treatment, the Spilled Pigment wash technique, and as the colors came out a little more saturated this time, I wondered if sketching over it would work well.  And also what medium would pop on top of that base.  Apparently I needn't worry.  I've cut up the half sheets of watercolor paper (Arches 140# hot press), once stretched and stained, into pages that would fit a Franklin Planner, punched them and with what was left over, I cut into Artist Trading Card format... 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" (or like baseball trading cards). Those became my little test sketches.  This is one of them.  Watercolor, Noodler's Ink and dip pen, Acrylic ink and Derwent Inktense water-soluble pencils.  Wow, does that perk up the foggy winter blahs! Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment