Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Communion In The Hall Of The Ancestors


Yes, it's been a bit since I've posted on my blog.  No excuse, just distracted, I guess.  I've been enjoying a class taught by Richard Jesse Watson on sculpting with found objects. It turns out that my lovely Skratch clay works very well for such things, and when I'm finished with my driftwood/kiln brick/Skratch sculpture made in class, I will post it.

Meanwhile....Still playing with my leftover sheets of Pigment Spill experiments, and suddenly "saw" the images and story in this one, after months of not knowing what the heck it could be. I have a cousin who has shared a magnificent tiger painting he did on Facebook, its power and elegance blow me away.  Maybe this isn't magnificent tiger stuff, but it tickled me to play with it.  I love doodling over stuff that's already there!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So much to see ... absolutely incredible you didn't 'plan' anything. I adore these happy accidents. Great colours too. Thanks for sharing ... always enjoy your posts. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! Your wonderful color play in your paintings are an inspiration to me, too. Alive and elegant, celebratory and joyful.

      Delete
  2. I love the softness of this. Lovely! I have not been on blogspot in awhile. I am enjoying catching up on your art work Elsbeth:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce! Nice to hear from you. I haven't been on blogspot much myself, I lose touch. I so enjoy the peak into your creative life, and seeing what wonderful new work you're up to!

      Delete