Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Found Her Face

Okay, I did a bit of searching and found Wind In The Tree's face on view.   The Alkyds and Acrylics I've been using on the surface has been a challenge for Jim to photograph, but I'm loving his growing techniques.

After all these years, I still find the handprint more effective than a sculpted hand.   It's a haunting echo of hand that doesn't interfere with the rhythm of the sculpture's surface.   It has been particularly appropriate on the planed surfaces of faceted pieces, but a little more difficult to place on a curved piece without it seeming to be "stamped on".  But you know me.... I love a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. An ancestral boreal spirit, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. Maybe she is Deciduousa, and her yet-to-be-created sister, Taiga, will appear later next year.

    ReplyDelete