Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mattie On The Ferry


This is a sketch I did on the CoHo Ferry a few years ago, I don't remember what the nature of our trip was.   I was thinking originally when I opened this sketchbook up yesterday that it was the trip Jim and a friend and I took to Victoria, Canada, to purchase silk yardage for my wedding dress, but we hadn't taken the CoHo that day.   At any rate, this woman had gone through her coffee preparation with the purposeful and dedicated deliberation of a priest, laying out the communion wine.   Which gave me plenty of time to sketch her.   I just pulled "Mattie" out of the air, not really knowing her name.

2 comments:

  1. She does look like she's moving very methodically- nice sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marian! I've posted this comment twice, now, and the blog keeps eating it.

    ReplyDelete