Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just Warming Up


I've been whittling away at this little sketch for many weeks.   It's been in my pocket Moleskine since an evening visit to our favorite hangout, Undertown.  I had sketched the wall (love those bricks) with a chair in front of it, but just as I drew the chair in black ink, some guy with a guitar came and sat down and played some riffs.  Just as I got halfway through sketching the guitar player, he put his guitar down and left me with an empty chair and a wine glass.  In the immortal words of Dorothy in Oz, "My!  People come and go so quickly around here!"  So much of the guitar player is invented (as you can probably tell), but I did come back with Jim not long ago and filled in the barista and the bar in the other room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment