Monday, July 23, 2012

Lofty Point of View


This is one of the earlier drawings, maybe 1983, of my ongoing treehouse-cradled-by-tree series.  If I had been a better sculptor then, I'm sure that I would've translated the images to free-standing ceramic versions.  The idea of the tree being a conscious participant in this partnership seemed at the time to have no end of possibilities.   And, my left hand was so willing a model.   It's funny, I only noticed nearly thirty years later that there doesn't seem to be a door to this structure!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a treehouse for wildlife, like birds or bats. They would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does, doesn't it? I also got to thinking about how so many of my sculptures and drawings of dwellings, etc, don't have access to the inside in any normal, physical way. Maybe it's only the mind or the spirit that can gain entrance.

      Delete
  2. The tree does look rather like a hand. Nice line work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger! I'm not sure how the hand/tree thing got started, but it was fun.

      Delete